Portal Rasmi

KEMENTERIAN PENDIDIKAN
MALAYSIA

MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
MALAYSIA

Log Masuk

DEVELOPMENT OF COMBINE HARVESTER IN SEAWEED CULTIVATION


UNIVERSITY: UNIVERSITI MALAYSIA SABAH (UMS)

CLUSTER: AGRICULTURE



  • Image 1

  • Image 2

DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT


NOVELTY OF PRODUCT :


Combine Harvester was invented to mechanise the planting and harvesting works from a labour-intensive image to a less labour usage.



FEATURES OF PRODUCT :


The Combine Harvester consists of the following:

  1. A special design boat made of marine plywood (L x W x H= 20' x 4' x 1.2').
  2. Comb-like cutter made of stainless steel (6 plate on the specially design frame).
  3. Slider (Allows cutter to move forward and backward).
  4. Planting guide (Moving backward - guide eco-friendly tie-tie for planting).
  5. Harvesting guide (Moving forward — guide eco-friendly tie-tie for harvesting).
  6. 15 HP engine (Rotate 360° for navigation).
  7. Transporting 500 kg fresh seaweed to a drying complex.

IMPACT OF THE PRODUCT :


In the up-stream sector of seaweed industry (Kappaphycus alvarezii) planting and harvesting contribute 80% of man power requirement. The remaining 20% is used for seedlings selection and drying activities. Thus, the image of this sector seems a labour-intensive job and not attractive, with the fact that the up-stream activities are profitable. To overturn from a labour-intensive image to a less labour usage and look lucrative, a "Combine Harvester" was invented to mechanise the planting and harvesting works. Concomitantly, the management and productivity per unit area become more efficient with the condition that it must be incorporated with the application of "Eco-friendly Tie-tie". This innovation eventually can be applied in the mini estate system of seaweed farming where seaweed can be produced in a larger scale.


Concomitantly, the management and productivity per unit area become more efficient with the condition that it must be incorporated with the application of "Eco-friendly Tie-tie". This innovation eventually can be applied in the mini estate system of seaweed farming where seaweed can be produced in a larger scale.


TARGET MARKET :


The mechanicalization of seaweed harvesting and planting has proven to cut down time spent in the sea compared to conventional method which is labour intensive. This fact certainty will increase the production of seaweed commercially with the implementation of Mini Estate System. This technique can be employed by a cluster of farmers, cooperative societies, companies and various stakeholders. This technique is not only sustainable, but also a community based with commercial approach.


LEADING/PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER :


NAME PROF. MADYA DR. SUHAINI MD. YASIR
CONTACT NO. 088-320 000 (EXT : 1171) / 016-903 3840
EMAIL ysuhaimi@gmail.com
 
Dikemaskini pada 15 Mei 2014
Jumlah Capaian : 298416
Paparan terbaik : IE9 / Firefox 11 ke atas / Google Chrome
dengan resolusi 1024 x 768 dan ke atas
Hakcipta Terpelihara © 2013 MyGRANTS Hak Cipta | Dasar Privasi & Keselamatan
Dikemaskini pada : Isnin, 19 Ogos 2019  
'.Hari ini.' Hari Ini 3377
'.Semalam.' Keseluruhan 3238721